Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's been a minute now, only a minute now...


"It's been a minute now.

Only a minute now.

A little reevaluating hope you feel me now.

I'm on some new me.

Focused on a new tree.

Trying to shake the money off the limbs so I can do me."


- Dave of De La Soul


I absolutely love it when a hip hop lyric mirrors my reality so perfectly that it seems like it was written for my exact situation. De La Soul does this so often, it is ridiculous how underrated this group is. My uncle asked me once who my favorite rapper was and when I responded Posdnous he laughed at me. Oh well, to each his own. Anyway, the reason for my month long hiatus is that I became a home owner! So while moving my family out of our 2 bedroom apartment into our house, priorities got rearranged. Blog entries got pushed to the side to make room for hiring painters, mortgage insurance and choosing ceiling fans. Now that the dust has settled (temporarily) I can get back to sharing. So since I started this entry with a De La Soul quote, I guess it's only right to hip you to their site.



1 comment:

mau said...

Really - Pos is your favorite rapper? I thought he was your favorite because you both share a slight resemblance to eachother LOL ... just kidding (but am I?)

But that quote by Dave is the f*ckin truth. Man, I'm about to go sit in the car and listen to that album again, I loved that sh*t.