Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Peep This... It's Green Snitches!!! (c) Swizz Beats






Since I found out I was going to be a father back in 2007, I started to realize and understand that I am actually laying a foundation for another human beings life. That realization was an overwhelming force in my decision to do a lot of different things. One of those has been the decision to go green. Now I have been recycling since I was a kid and I have been donating clothes to Goodwill since high school but those were for different reasons. I recycled cans and bottles as a kid just so I could get money. That was one of my hustles. And I donated to Goodwill because I was buying clothes there. So that was out of convenience. Now I'm doing these things for the planet.

So for those of you who want to go green and don't know how. Discovery Channels Planet Green ( http://www.planetgreen.com/ )is a new channel that launched last week and dedicates it's programming to informing it's watchers to eco friendly alternatives to inject into your everyday lifestyle. This is where I found out about treehugger.com .

This site is awesome and stretches over the entire eco spectrum. Offering insight into cooking, transportation, architecture, air pollution and even fashion. I found a free (so far) service that helps you manage junk mail by removing your contact info from mailing lists. They also rank everyday products/technology so that you know how green things are. Check out this article on the greenest laptops available - http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/11/buygreen-laptop-computers.php .

So check out the site and get involved. It's not as hard as it may seem and you get to choose how green you want to be. Even if you don't want to go green the knowledge that you gain from this site is going to stick with you. Peep

No comments: