Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Daily Dose Of Dope.... Kanye West - Heartless



I am a huge fan of Kanye as a person and his music. Yea he's a brat and he throws temper tantrums, but if you look past that and actually listen to what he is fussing about, 95% of the time he has a valid point. Now that said, I understand the new direction he is going with his music but I was not (and I'm still not) feeling his first single (from his upcoming album "808's and Heartbreak) "Love Lockdown".

I still do not like that song at all and when I first heard it I was a little disappointed to find out that he was going to be releasing an album full of similar material. But then his next single "Heartless"came out and I kind of wrote it off but the more I heard it, the more attention I payed to it when i listened to it again. It is a solid song from top to bottom. The production is on point, it's well written and I am digging the visual style of the video. The animation takes me back to when I was a kid and a ton of movies/cartoons were animated in this same style. Props to Kanye. He has won me over yet again!

No comments: