Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Feeling Blu?

Alright. The hip hop heads that know me, know that I like to champion any artist that is elevating the art form. I did it with Common (back when he had Sense) on the "One Day It Will All Make Sense" album. I had to do it again when Common dropped "Like Water For Chocolate". I discovered The Roots during the "Illadelph Halflife" era but when "Things Fall Apart" dropped these cats could do no wrong. There were several artists who I was on a quest to expose people too. Mos Def, De La Soul (I still get clowned for speaking up on Pos when people ask me who my favorite emcee is), Talib Kweli, Monch, ATCQ, LA Symphony, Pharcyde etc... Then my man Shelltoe hit me off with Fantastic: Volume 2. The whole world had stop spinning while I listened to that album for the first time (We'll get to that later).

Now let's fast forward to the present tense and peep the newest addition to my favorites.
Blu


Blu & Exile - Soul Amazing




Blu & Exile - Blu Collar Workers





I had been hearing good things about this guy since late 2007 and I actually had an album that he was featured on by his producer Exile (Dude is nice. "Pearly Gates" on Mobb Deep's "Blood Money" is the only reason I gave that album a listen. So a complete album produced by Exile was a must buy when I peeped it in the used bin in late 2007) called "Dirty Science". His album "Below The Heavens" is a definite must have for any hip hop fan who misses when emcees didn't rely on the beat to carry the weight of a song. Peep...

http://www.amazon.com/Below-the-Heavens-Explicit/dp/B000ZBDZHO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1209017343&sr=8-2

Blu's Myspace Page (Add Him) - http://www.myspace.com/herfavcolor
Exile's Myspace Page (Add Him!) - http://www.myspace.com/alexile

No comments: