Monday, May 12, 2008

Listen Up... N.E.R.D. - Everyone Nose (Remix) feat CRS & Pusha T (of The Clipse)

+



I just mentioned this song either yesterday or the day before. This morning I wake up and find a remix for it so the timing couldn't be better. If there is anyone who is confused by the pics above, let me explain.



The group CRS is actually Pharrel Williams, Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco. They have one song together that I have heard and seen an actual video for called "Us Placers" and it features Thom Yorke. I kinda passed over it because I thought a track with the 3 of them on it was going to have all kinds of crazy energy, but it didn't. It was really mellow and I was a little disappointed. The song is still dope though, just not what I expected.



Now Pusha T is one half of the brotherly duo of The Clipse. These guys are connected to Pharrel and are constantly championed by him. He actually refused to provide any production for label mate Justin Timberlakes second album FutureSexLoveSounds because Jive (which absorbed their original home Arista in 2003) was dicking them around for about 4 years. Even though label drama kept them from releasing an official follow up to their 2002 release of Lord Willin, they still put out enough quality material through mixtapes, leaks and guest spots to keep their buzz going. The Clipse are definitely a group that needs to be in heavy rotation.



Now back to reason I started this post. This remix is dope and is a pretty smart move on N.E.R.D.'s part. Even though the original version of this song has tons of energy, this version will get more attention in the club from the hip hop heads who usually don't listen to the rock genre that N.E.R.D.'s music usually falls into. Now Lupe is not on this version that I have. I don't know if it's because he will not be on the official release or because he had not recorded a verse for it yet. Anyway, listen up... and enjoy



N.E.R.D. - Everyone Nose (Remix) (Feat. CRS & Pusha T)

No comments: