Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Daily Dose Of Dope - Gang Starr feat Nice & Smooth - DWYCK




I took a big fat "L" last night while watching VH1's "100 Best Hip Hop Songs" with the wife. We were having a conversation about how late in Hip Hop's time line I got into it (in comparison to her much earlier involvement) and how this particular song I had heard dozens of time before but did not know the name of the song until a few months ago. "Boo!" (as my man's Mau would say) on my part. Me being a self proclaimed "Hip Hop Know It All" that I am, I continued to further embarras myself by not being able to recite NOT ONE DAG BLASTED LYRIC from the song (a la Da Band's failure to recite "Juicy" - http://www.helium.com/items/231595-tv-show-reviews-making-the-band-2 ). The only thing I could remember was the drums. So in an attempt to regain my dignity, I present to you "DWYCK"...

No comments: