Monday, October 20, 2008

Daily Dose Of Dope... Paul Simon - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover

Today's daily dose of dope is a trip back to my childhood. You can thank my mother and aunt for this one because their shameless "singing in the car performances" was my first exposure to artists like Paul Simon, Billy Joel, Kenny Loggins, Queen, The Beatles, John Mellancamp and plenty other bands my dad was not going to eject his Public Enemy and Kurtis Blow tapes for. Because of this early exposure I understand and appreciate different types of music. Which is an appreciaation my younger coworkers do not share. I have annoyed quite a few of them by repeatedly playing this song and attempting to convince them, of the difficulty and significance of Steve Gadd's drum arrangement in the song. These young whipper snappers these days (at least the ones I work with) don't appreciate good musicianship. Hopefully you do!

No comments: